Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Power of the Diary

To get my writing flowing again after an awful experience with writers block, that then in turn led to a serious dose of depression, I've decided to start keeping an electronic diary. Its easy to do and its private, which means I don't feel the pressure to prove anything to anyone about my skills as a writer. So far it has been a lot of fun, and I'm writing faster and more confidently than I have in quite some time.

In another step forward, I've decided to work on transforming a short film I wrote over a year ago (which I haven't found an avenue for) into a children's book. Wish me luck.

I've also enrolled myself in an AFTRS 2-day Scriptwriting course. While I don't have a project in mind to take along to the class, and while the class may not really be 'necessary' as I studied Scriptwriting subjects at Film School, it will be good to get out and mingle with some other would-be writers. It may also satisfy the classroom-atmosphere craving I often get since leaving Uni. Luckily (in a way) the course was postponed due to the Brissie floods, so I may still have time to figure out a little project to take along with me to class...

No comments:

Post a Comment